Recently, the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry (RANZCP) issued new guidelines for the treatment of mood disorders, in which lifestyle interventions are now first line treatment along with psychological interventions.
Join us for this one of a kind international online summit as we explore the opportunities and challenges of lifestyle intervention for those presenting with mental illness, often co-morbid with cardiometabolic conditions, and as we investigate the evidence-implementation gap in practitioner education and training, and in the current and proposed innovative models of care in mental health, including in more severe mental illness in a hospital setting.
Mental health Reimagined, held on Friday 4 and Saturday 5 March 2022, was an international online summit for health professionals that brought together a diverse range of experts to outline the evidence-base efficacy of physical exercise, diet, sleep and mind–body practices and their role in preventing and managing mental health conditions, as a stand-alone approach or in addition to other treatments.
- Explore the challenges and realities of prescribing Lifestyle Medicine in primary care, and discover how to intervene, counsel and support your patients using social prescribing and other models of care.
- Learn how to support your patients and clients with the lifestyle changes needed to improve both their mental health and chronic disease, including key elements of Lifestyle Medicine
- Explore the resources available to you as a practitioner to help support your patients.
- Learn more about the programs and services that your patients or clients can utilise to make and maintain the behaviour changes needed for success.
Who should attend
- Medical doctors or specialists, allied health practitioners, public health professionals, or other health professionals who have a role in mental health care.
Summit Schedule and Presenters
- To view the summit schedule and list of presenters, please click here.
- 12 hours of content
- Access to all the summit presentations for 12 months
- Certificate of attendance
ASLM courses and workshops
ASLM hosts a variety of in-person and online courses and workshops across Australia and New Zealand throughout the year. Designed to increase participants’ understanding of the theory and application of Lifestyle Medicine, they can be undertaken as individual sessions to support professional development or to contribute towards Board Certification requirements or ASLM Fellowship points.