Featuring Dr David Katz, Dr Simon Rosenbaum, Dr Joanna McMillan, Dr Sam Manger, Shivaun Conn, Simon Matthews, Dr Kate Marsh and Prof Garry Egger, this blockbuster masterclass was held on 19 October 2019 at the International Convention Centre, Sydney as part of ANZOS-ASLM-ICCR 2019. For more information about this, you can go back to the workshop description page.
This masterclass is designed to provide attendees with an introduction to the Lifestyle Medicine approach to healthcare through an exploration of the key domains of Lifestyle Medicine, the determinants of chronic disease, and the key processes required for Lifestyle Medicine application in clinical practice.
Who is this workshop for
- Medical practitioners, allied health practitioners, practice nurses and other practice personnel
- Health professionals enrolled in the ASLM Fellowship. This course will earn candidates 30 points towards the Fellowship
Topics covered in this workshop
- Introduction to ASLM and Lifestyle Medicine
- A fresh look at the determinants of chronic disease
- Diet as a Vital Sign – the central role of nutrition in Lifestyle Medicine
- Nutrition and physical activity assessment & prescription
- Promoting emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Facilitating health behaviour change in clinical practice
- Diet wars: the evidence, the approaches and common sense
What is the difference between an online workshop and an online course?
- The main difference is that the videos were filmed at a previous face to face workshop, so it is like attending that workshop as an observer with access to all the same workshop materials. Otherwise, it is similar to an online course.
- 3 years access to the workshop
- Access to our Education Coordinator for course questions
- Around 7 hours of recorded lectures
- Downloadable presentation slide notes and handouts
- 2 Bonus presentations from ANZOS-ASLM-ICCR 2019 featuring Dr Rosemary Stanton and Dr David Katz
- Course group for peer support and networking (coming soon)
- Certificate of completion for CPD purposes
Jordhana Clark – Education and Engagement Manager
BHSc (Nat), AdvDip (YT)
Lisa Brownbill – Education and Membership Services Officer
Know More About Jordhana & Lisa here
Other ASLM courses and workshops
ASLM hosts a variety of in-person and online courses and workshops across Australia and New Zealand throughout the year. Designed to increase participants’ understanding of the theory and application of Lifestyle Medicine, they can be undertaken as individual sessions to support professional development or to contribute towards Board Certification requirements or ASLM Fellowship points.