A diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes does not have to mean a lifetime of medication and progression to the many complications of diabetes.
Find out how dietary approaches and behavioural approaches can help your patients put their diabetes into remission!
Diabetes Revolution, held on Saturday 31 July 2021, was an international online summit for health professionals that brought together a diverse range of experts to outline the evidence-base and application of dietary and other lifestyle-related approaches to treating type 2 diabetes.
- Learn how to prescribe and support your patients or clients with these dietary approaches, along with other key elements of Lifestyle Medicine
- Learn how these seemingly different approaches achieve remission by investigating the proposed mechanisms and metabolic effects
- Explore the resources available to you as a practitioner to help support your patients
- Learn more about the programs and services that your patients or clients can utilise to make and maintain the behaviour changes needed for success
Who should attend
- Medical doctors and specialists – General practitioners, endocrinologists and other medical specialists who treat patients and clients living with type 2 diabetes
- Allied Health Practitioners – Nurses, dietitians and other health practitioners who treat patients and clients living with type 2 diabetes
- Other health professionals – Public health professionals, practice & PHN/PHO personnel, health executives and policy professionals who have a role in the management of type 2 diabetes
- Scientists, researchers, and academics – who are interested in exploring new approaches to help manage type 2 diabetes
Summit Schedule and Presenters
- To view the summit schedule and list of presenters, please click here.
- 12 hours of content
- Access to all the summit presentations for 3 years
- Bonus in-depth recorded presentations from Prof Valter Longo and Dr David Unwin
- Certificate of attendance
For enquiries related to this or any other ASLM course, please contact ASLM’s Education Team at or call +61 3 7020 6996.
ASLM courses and workshops
ASLM hosts a variety of in-person and online courses and workshops across Australia and New Zealand throughout the year. Designed to increase participants’ understanding of the theory and application of Lifestyle Medicine, they can be undertaken as individual sessions to support professional development or to contribute towards Board Certification requirements or ASLM Fellowship points.