Learn how to maximise your time and impact with your patients by facilitating health behaviour change. This very practical workshop will give you the confidence to implement the knowledge and skills taught. For more information about this, you can go back to the workshop description page.
Who is this workshop for
- Medical practitioners, allied health practitioners, practice nurses and other practice personnel
- Health professionals enrolled in the ASLM Fellowship. This course will earn candidates 30 points towards the Fellowship
Topics covered in this workshop
- Impact using coaching methodology
- Powerful questioning to evoke change talk
- Cultivating awareness and curiosity
- Mapping a clear client centred agenda
- Creating intrinsic motivation
- Empathetic approach for engagement
- Assessing readiness to change
- Customising next steps for the patient/client
- Practical application of tools for the clinical workplace
What is the difference between an online workshop and an online course?
- The main difference is that the videos were filmed at a previous face to face workshop, so it is like attending that workshop as an observer with access to all the same workshop materials. Otherwise, it is similar to an online course.
- 3 years access to the workshop
- Access to our Education Coordinator for course questions
- Around 6 hours of recorded lectures plus on page content
- Recommended reading and assessment task
- Downloadable presentation slide notes and handouts
- Course group for peer support and networking (coming soon)
- Certificate of completion for CPD purposes
Other ASLM courses and workshops
ASLM hosts a variety of in-person and online courses and workshops across Australia and New Zealand throughout the year. Designed to increase participants’ understanding of the theory and application of Lifestyle Medicine, they can be undertaken as individual sessions to support professional development or to contribute towards requirements for ASLM Fellowship points.
This workshop is proudly presented in conjunction with MediCoach